We love dogs and much to our joy they seem to like us.
When we think of our “best friend” we rarely have time to be introspective because they draw us out of ourselves, their love is unconditional.
- 1066dogblog.com was put together as a platform to hear stories and comments about your dog ownership. To join – see below.
- We would love to hear your “best friend” tales and I know that other members of the blog would too.
- So where on earth does 1066 come from? In the year 1066 a chap called Henri Bosville crossed the English Channel from France to England, and, basically was part of the victorious invading army. (Battle of Hastings 1066)
- Henri Bosville was a great success as a leader of soldiers and was rewarded by King William with a large parcel of land and a title. While I have none of the wealth (!) Henri Bosville was indeed my 26x great grandfather.
- Down the years the name became Boswell and although it is not my surname, it is my third name. When I pass on, the name will disappear so what better timing than to use it now!
Dogs are intelligent, with some breeds more so than others. With training, they are capable of remarkable activities to help us, humans. There are a number of worthwhile dog charities working in this way and the one we support is Canine Partners. We went to their training center to see the dog skills being developed. Most remarkable!
I am impressed by dogs and the more I read, write and talk about them the more that is so. We’d love to hear your dog experiences but I must ask for there to be no profanities, please. Just drop us a line: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please know that we are not qualified to answer your queries technically, but other members could well have a view for you.
And if you feel like unsubscribing—no hard feelings.